Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wanna Save an easy $1,400 a year?

Replace bottled water with Tap water. Article here. Interesting points from the article:

  • Typical American Consumer pays $1,400 per year for bottled water vs. 49 cents per year for the same amount of tap water
  • Blind taste tests show no difference in taste between the two.
  • Tap water has stricter safety measures
  • 40% of bottled water sold in stores is tap water
  • Average price for 20 oz. bottle of water = $1.50. That puts bottled water at about $10.00 a gallon. And I thought gasoline was expensive! (at $10/gal. for bottled tap water shouldn't there be outrage at "Big Water"?)

I like to drink a lot of water. I admit that I do buy bottled water. But, the way I try to save money on bottled water is by using the bottle over and over again to fill it with tap water.

No comments: