Friday, March 6, 2009

Potential New Financial Statement Format

Have you heard about the new financial statement format that the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the Internation Accounting Standards Board (IASB) is considering? I first heard about this concept at a CPE class I attended in December.


If not, this article will introduce the concept. I'm not sure if it will apply to Churches. My guess is that it will.


I haven't formed an opinion on it yet. I think it's going to be a big change to get used to. Balance sheets that don't balance like they do now; categorized balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement; and a cash flow statement prepared using the direct method.


Read the article and let me know what you think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say we should revolt and not give in to this change! viva la revolution!
:-)

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure at this point. I don't like it because I don't want to learn a new accounting system; however, if it's going to be better, then I'm all for it.

To be honest, I don't know enough about accounting to say.

banking deals said...

Can someone show me a site that shows the format of a financial statement called "cash flow"?

Dave Moore said...

Here's a pretty good site for learning about the cash flow statement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash_flow_statement