Thursday, August 20, 2009

Great Team Exercise - Discovering Strengths

My team and I may be the last team in the country to do this exercise as a team. Recently, we read through Marcus Buckingham's "Now Discover Your Strengths", did the strengths test, and discussed our strengths as a team.

This was very helpful because it preceded a discussion about reorganizing our department and our individual tasks and responsibilities. Knowing our individual strengths and those of our teammates helped considerably as we discussed who should do what. It helped us understand why each of us tend to gravitate to certain tasks and prioritize our time the way we do. It's also helped us since that discussion as we work through issues that arise by reminding us how others in the department approach things. What a great exercise.

My Top 5 Strengths Are:

1. Deliberative
2. Responsibility
3. Analytical
4. Discipline
5. Focus

I know...typical robot accountant.

2 comments:

Todd C said...

Way cool Dave!

PS - Your not the typical robot accountant.

Todd

Admin said...

Hi,

My name is Brian and I work for MyPaydayLoanCash.com. I came across your site and am very interested in doing some advertising on it. Shoot me an email at briancox@mypaydayloancash.com when you get a chance. I'd love to discuss some options.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

Brian
MyPaydayLoanCash.com