Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Online Form 990 Filing

I was preparing IRS Form 990 for a mission organization recently. As I began to write numbers in on the form, I began to realize that there was a lot of complexity and interconnectivity between the various reports and schedules.

So, I started asking myself if there was an easier way to do the 990. I began to research online. I read some articles that suggested it could take 158 hours to complete the new Form 990 the first time through.

Since I don't have 158 to complete anything, I decided I needed some kind of software solution to help me. So, I began to search for online Form 990 tools.

I found efile.form990.org which was a huge blessing. I was a little skeptical at first because I hadn't heard of it. However, I decided to try it. It was easy to use. It cost me $50 and allowed me to file my Form 990 electronically. It significantly reduced the time it took to complete Form 990. I'll definitely use this tool again next year.

No comments: