Thursday, July 23, 2009

Gearing Up for a Plastic Economy

I just checked my wallet. I have exactly $0. That's not atypical for me either. I just don't carry much cash with me anymore. I also don't carry a checkbook around with me either. I assume that most places I go, I'll be able to use my debit or credit card.

I think that the reality is that most people are moving toward plastic or electronic means to pay for goods and service or to pay their bills. Given this shift, what is the church doing to acknowledge and embrace this shift in the way people handle transactions? How do we give our members and guests opportunities to give electronically or with plastic? Well, at GCC we currently offer online giving at http://www.gccwired.com/. However, in the very near future, we'll be offering this:


These are giving kiosks from SecureGive. They will allow us to offer our guests an option to give on our campus using their debit or credit card. I'm excited about this. I think it will allow people who normally wouldn't give an opportunity to give. We'll soon see.

3 comments:

E. James said...

Nice Kiosks... Do you plan to paint them, put some branding on them? or will you use them as is?

Can you also please reflect on the cost of their installation and maintainability.

Todd C said...

Dave,

Keep me posted on how this is received.

I'm very interested in this.

Dave Moore said...

These kiosks are waiting on a wrap that will have a nice graphic on it. You can order them with graphics already on them. We were fortunate to have a nice man in our church offer to do the graphic for us.

No real cost for installation. They come ready to plug in and go. I don't know about their maintainability yet because we haven't started using them. However, I did talk to several churches who already use them and they were happy with the maintainability.