Friday, July 24, 2009

I'm not Counting on Social Security

Read this article today. It reminded me why I'm not counting on any mismanaged government program like Social Security to provide for me. I'm planning to take responsibility for my own retirement. I'll invest my money in separate retirement funds to cover my entire retirement period. If, by some miracle, I get some social security benefits when I retire, it will be gravy. Unfortunately, it appears that the government intends to continue taxing me more and more to keep this failed program on life support. Hopefully, they'll let me keep enough of my money to fund my own retirement. It's my responsibility, not the government's.

1 comment:

Financial bondage said...

now the govt will take over health care and ruin that also. sad. Anything the govt gets into they mess it up eventually