Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'm Proud of Our Volunteers!

I want to take a minute to brag on our finance volunteers here at GCC. THEY"RE AWESOME! They work behind the scenes week in and week out to help us do all kinds of things like: count and process our weekly offerings, process our weekly non-contribution deposits, track the checks we receive in the mail, post journal entries, and on and on. They are invaluable.

In addition to helping with these tasks, they also provide a key internal control procedure by helping us separate duties between control over assets (cash) and control over the accounting system. I can't thank them enough.

All of these folks take great pride in their work and they are extremely accurate. We recently completed our annual financial audit. Our auditors were stunned by how accurately our teams do their work. They couldn't believe how much of the paperwork prepared by the volunteers agreed to our bank records. They actually asked if the staff prepared the paperwork after the bank processed deposits. I just told them that we don't have to do that. Our volunteers do great work. Way to go team!

I'm so grateful that these folks use and that we give them the opportunity to use their God-given talents to help us advace the Kingdom of Christ here at GCC.

1 comment:

Lillie said...

Congratulations to your awesome team of volunteers. I am a member of my church's Steward Board and I certainly appreciate the team efforts that help to make our processes work more smoothly and efficiently. Good volunteers are certainly the back bone and foundation of any successful program. I commend you for taking the time to recognize their efforts.