Tuesday, April 13, 2010

One of The Greatest Golf Shots I've Seen

This is one of the greatest golf shots I've ever seen!! I was so amazed, I watched it several times in a row on my DVR. This shot took a huge amount of courage to hit. The difficulty of this shot is off the charts. This is a slightly closed 6 Iron (to produce lower, draw trajectory and longer distance) from 207 yards, off the pine needles, through a 4 ft gap in the trees, over a creek, and to within 4 ft. of the hole, for an eagle try...with the lead in The Masters. With the number of really small things that could have made this shot a disaster, It was executed perfectly.

A lot of people, including me, questioned Phil's choice of driver on 18 in 2006 at The U.S. Open at Winged Foot. A lot of people would have questioned this choice as well if it hadn't been executed perfectly. However, that's the type of risk/reward that leads to a win. Congratulations to Phil on an amazing shot and a great win.

No comments: