Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Finding Extra Cash




What do you see in this photo?





To some it's a basement full of junk. To some, it's a storage area. To me, it looks like extra cash for an emergency fund or to payoff a credit card or charitable donation. With a little work, this basement could be cleaned up and turned into extra cash.

Most of us have stuff in our basements and storage areas that we haven't seen, touched, or used for years. We tend to accumulate this stuff over time because it's easier to stick it in the basement than to figure out how to get rid of it. Some of us think about that one day in the distant future when we may actually need it.

What if instead of accumulating stuff in our basement, we took time to deaccumulate the stuff in our basement? What if we sold everything we haven't seen, touched, or used in a year or more? What if I could convince my wife to let me clean our basement? Hmmm...the possibilities.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave! Is this your basement? If it is, can I buy those ski bindings??

j/k, I don't even ski, just trying to be funny.

It's great that you're blogging! Keep it up!

Dave Moore said...

Yeah. I admit it. It's my basement. Sorry Matt, the bindings are still being used. Thanks for leaving a comment though.

Todd C said...

Dave,

Your not going to make me sleep down in your basement next week are you?

Todd

Dave Moore said...

Todd,

You won't have to stay in the basement, but I may send you home with a door prize. :-)

Dave